The Top 10 Best Selling Country Albums Of 2020
Looking at the best selling country albums of 2020. With album sales down and more people streaming, does it actually mean as much as its used to? There's a few surprises on the list so regardless, it still tells us which (mostly mainstream) artists get their fans to actually buy their album.
Disclaimer; there's some pretty good albums on this list, and as one could probably assume, some really shitty ones as well.
10. Sam Hunt - Southside
9. Kane Brown - Experiment (this album is from 2018 and oh yeah, it still sucks. Sorry, not sorry.)
8. Dan + Shay - Dan + Shay (From 2018. )
7. Maren Morris - Girl (From 2019)
6. Jason Aldean - 9 (This album is from 2019. Probably one of Jason's worst albums when it comes to substance but still a pretty good record.)
5. Chris Stapleton - Traveller (From 2015 and still outselling everyone in the genre.)
4. Blake Shelton - Fully Loaded: God's Country (Another 'greatest hits' type album. I'll never understand how these still sell well.)
3. Morgan Wallen - If I Know Me (Morgan's debut from 2018.)
2. Luke Combs - This One's For You - (Luke's debut from 2017.)
1. Luke Combs - What You See Is What You Get
(Is this really a shock that the top 2 best selling albums are both from Luke Combs? Does it also shock you that Morgan Wallen is number 3? No, these two are the biggest in the genre right now and with Morgan set to release his sophomore album next month, they're still only getting started.)
Really would've enjoyed seeing Jon Pardi's 'Heartache Medication' and Justin Moore's 'Late Nights and Longnecks' records on this list. We still got a little work to do, I guess. But looking at the top few spots and seeing Chris Stapleton still on that list after 5 years, country music may be doing alright.